Cybersecurity II – System Implementation is part two of the Certificate in Cybersecurity. This online course covers effective implementation of security solutions, incident response and governance, and risk and compliance. Upon completion of the class, learners will be able to investigate a network and create a report recommending steps to mitigate threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
Content of this course is mapped with the CompTIA Security + curriculum for those who are interested in pursuing the certification.
- Demonstrate an understanding of implementing secure mobile solutions, identity and account management controls and public key infrastructure
- Apply host or application security solutions and create secure network designs
- Demonstrate an understanding of installing and configuring wireless security settings
- Write reports analyzing a vulnerability of a system and apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud and implement cybersecurity resilience
Operations and Incident Response
- Use the appropriate tools to assess organizational security
- Summarize the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response and organizational security
- Use digital forensics to respond to an incident using appropriate data sources, mitigation techniques and controls to secure the environment
Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Explain the importance of applicable regulations, standards, or frameworks that impact organizational security posture
- Identify privacy concepts and risk management processes in relation to security
Learners will actively participate in online classes and complete a combination of assignments. Learners will be assigned a grade of "complete or incomplete" upon completion.
- Required Textbook: CompTIA Security+ Review Guide: Exam SY0-601 by James Michael Stewart
- Download free open source Ethical Hacking software https://www.kali.org/downloads/
- Download Virtual Box, free software https://www.virtualbox.org/
This class is offered through D2L Brightspace and Microsoft Teams. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All class materials can be accessed through Brightspace. The virtual class will be held in Microsoft Teams. A link will be provided through email. In order to access class materials and the virtual classroom you will have to activate your UWinID.
Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Brightspace works equally well in all modern browsers on PCs and Macs: MS Edge (recommended by IT Services for all apps), Chrome, Firefox and Safari (Mac). On mobile devices, Safari is the only supported browser on Apple iOS and Chrome is the only supported browser on Google Android.?
Feel free to review the Brightspace system requirements.
Cybersecurity I: Introduction to Systems Security (CYBR 7102) or equivalent is required before you can take Cybersecrurity II – System Implementation.