REGISTRATION OPENS SOON! Click "Request Information" to be notified when enrolment opens.
This online class is the third course in the Certificate of Advanced Front End Web Development and introduces students to key principles and methods of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design. Through projects and hands-on assignments, the students will learn about the fundamentals of design thinking, user-centered design, user experience mapping, wireframing, prototyping, user interface patterns, and usability testing.
At the end of the module, the successful student will know and be able to:
- Explain and apply user experience design principles in developing the user interface.
- Explain the fundamental principles and importance of the user-centered design process, accessibility design, and inclusive design.
- Use design principles, mapping methods, and prototyping to analyze the requirements of software and design and develop an interactive user interface.
- Understand the principles and methods of usability testing.
Level: Intermediate (students are expected to have basic web design and development knowledge and have experience in creating basic websites)
Assignments: Learners will participate in in-class activities, a quiz and a team project. The team project will focus on prototyping an interactive user interface for a use-case scenario using user-centered design and an iterative approach.
To successfully complete this course and receive a Certificate of Completion in User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) Design, learners will participate in in-class activities, complete a quiz and participate in a team project. Learners will have the option to document their project on an ePortfolio. The ePortfolio will be used to showcase current skills and new skills obtained throughout the certificate.
- Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
- Class is delivered online through the Brightspace Learning Management System (for class materials and assignments) and Microsoft Teams for class meetings.
Brightspace and Microsoft Teams Requirements:
- A link will be provided through email prior to the first day of class so that you will have access to all course resources and streaming functions
- Once you register for this class you will be issued a UWinID. Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. Document your UWinID and password as you will need it to access Brightspace and Teams. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit this site for Brightspace technical requirements