Addressing workplace conflict begins with effective interpersonal skills and strong relationships. The first part of this class will provide you with the tools and practice to help you engage in difficult conversations with your supervisor, peers and clients. Learn strategies to turn conflict into collaboration and build the confidence to share new ideas and influence others. During the afternoon you will investigate a Constructive Conflict approach to manage conflict in the workplace. Through the analysis of workplace scenarios, you will examine the source of the conflict, the motivation for the conflict of all parties involved and learn how to work toward building a solution.
Upon completion of this class you will learn to:
- Build effective working relationships
- Practice engaging in difficult conversations by creating a safe environment
- Walk through the steps for a successful confrontational conversation
- Providing meaningful feedback in various situations (ie. during a performance review or client presentation)
- Recognize the causes and sources of conflict (Healthy and Unhealthy)
- Use a constructive conflict model to analyze conflicts in a workplace setting
- Consider conflict in the social-cultural context
Upon completion you will receive a Certificate of Participation in “Constructive Conflict Management”. Attending 85% of the class is required for a certificate.