This class is designed for non-English speaking professionals and is part of the English for Workplace Communication in Canada certificate.
- Understand texts on professional topics
- Recognize text structure, purpose, and target audience
- Analyze visual information to make comparisons and inferences
- Compare for cultural perspectives
Attendance and the completion of a reading test is required to successfully complete this class. Upon successful completion of this class, learners will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
- Class is delivered online through the Brightspace Learning Management System (for class materials and assignments) and Microsoft Teams for class meetings.
Brightspace and Microsoft Teams Requirements:
- A link will be provided through email prior to the first day of class so that you will have access to all course resources and streaming functions.
- Once you register for this class you will be issued a UWinID. Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. Document your UWinID and password as you will need it to access Brightspace and Teams. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit this site for Brightspace technical requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Intermediate English Language Proficiency