Through a series of interactive activities, peer feedback, role play and self-reflection, you will learn the art of business communication with some quick tips on persuasion and language so that you will be perceived as a credible and engaging communicator. You will be introduced to communications experts - not just theory experts, but persuasion experts and behavioural scientists – and set goals towards practicing and applying communication concepts to everyday work-settings.
- Identify and define great communication
- Develop familiarity with key body language elements and how they impact communication
- Explore barriers to effective communication
- Investigate the art of listening and sort out how we interpret the communication we receive
- Recognize the influence of culture and diversity on communication
- Utilize the building blocks of effective and engaging communication
- Reflect on their own personal communication skills and set goals to use the new skills developed in the class in the workplace
This class will provide learners with a Certificate of Participation issued by the University of Windsor Continuing Education. To successfully complete this class learners must actively participate and attend class.