The Leading Self and Leading Others module explores the fundamentals of managing yourself, leading teams and personal leadership effectiveness. Participants will have the opportunity to discover and leverage leadership strengths and find strategies to address gaps to improve performance to lead more effectively. Participants will learn how to communicate authentically, develop a leadership presence, and bring out the best in others.
- Develop effective strategies to communicate vision and business goals to enlist support and action
- Assess your strengths and areas for development as a leader and how to improve leadership ability
- Learn self-management skills required to model adaptive leadership principals and integrate theory to lead adaptively to individual employees
- Develop best practices to successful leadership including the use of influence and inspiration for action
- What is Leadership?
- Growth Mindset
- Emotional Intelligence
- Qualities of a Good Leader
- Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership (Challenging the Process, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Modeling the Way, Encourage the Heart, Enable others to Act)
- Understanding your Followers and Adapting your Leadership Style
- Inspiring Communication
- Determining your Leadership Philosophy
- Creating a Leadership Development Plan
This class will provide learners with a Certificate of Participation issued by the University of Windsor Continuing Education. To successfully complete this class learners must actively participate and attend class.