This course explores a variety of resources to enhance professional knowledge in support of student e-Learning. It also explores curriculum planning in the e-Learning context and appropriate methods, media and strategies based on principles of instructional design that support high levels of student engagement and motivation.
- having and applying the theoretical understanding necessary to design, implement and assess e-Learning programs and practices
- accessing and exploring a variety of resources, including technological resources, within and beyond the educational system to enhance professional knowledge in support of student e-Learning
- engaging in curriculum planning, development, and implementation within an e-Learning context
- identifying barriers to the implementation of educational technology and proposing courses of action to arrive at solutions
- applying appropriate methods, media, and strategies based on principles of instructional design that support high levels of student engagement, achievement, and motivation
There are no textbooks required for this course.
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates who hold an Interim COQ may have different/additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers, and as specified on their Interim COQ.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
NOTE: If you have qualifications in Technological Education subjects, your certificate of qualification and registration enables you to complete a number of AQs, including any in Schedule C.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites
This course is offered by the Faculty of Education. For inquiries you can contact the Continuing Teacher Education Program team directly at email@example.com.