This course builds further on the knowledge received from Part 1 and II. Expansion on the mission of Catholic schools, sacred scriptures, spiritual and liturgical life, ethics and morality, the Church and a post-modern world, the pedagogical practice for religious education, and the faith journey related to teaching and learning across the divisions.
- the mission of Catholic schools
- sacred scriptures
- the spiritual, sacramental and liturgical life
- the Church and a post-modern world
- faith in action
- ethics and morality
- pedagogical practices for religious education
- school ministry
- the faith journey related to teaching and learning across the divisions
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” in good standing.
- Completion of AQ Religious Education in Catholic Schools, Part 2.
- Confirmation of Teaching Experience form, signed by a supervisory officer*, confirming two years of teaching experience completed after teacher’s certification. The Superintendent must also recognize on this Confirmation of Teaching Experience form that in one of these years, the candidate has demonstrated that significant program and instruction in Religious Education were explicitly planned, implemented and reviewed in the teacher’s class. The forms must be submitted prior to the start date of the course and for course approval.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines “supervisory official” as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. For a teacher employed by a private school, the “supervisory official” is the Ministry of Education official (e.g. Education Officer) appointed to provide supervisory services to the school.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites