- advancing a reflective community of practice that explores the relevance of critical pedagogy and constructivist theories as theoretical foundations for this AQ
- modeling musicianship (for example, various vocal composition techniques, accompanying, conducting, arranging) modeling sight
- reading and ear training skills required to implement
- intermediate/senior level music curriculum
- cultivating a culture of inquiry and innovative leadership related to program design, planning, development and implementation strategies and frameworks related to Music – Vocal, Intermediate and Senior
- assisting others in exploring various notation, sequencing, and recording software, social media and emerging technologies to enhance student learning in vocal music
- fostering a culture of leadership focused on creating and sustaining a collaborative community of empowered and engaged learners
- modeling correct vocal techniques
- advocating for music, the arts and artistic needs of students with colleagues, parents and the wider school community.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
- Completion of AQ Music-Vocal Intermediate/Senior, Part 2
- Two years of teaching experience as verified by the Superintendent on the Confirmation of Teaching Experience form. The Superintendent also recognizes that in one of these years, the candidate has had experience in the teaching of Music-Vocal.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites