Music-Vocal courses emphasize the theoretical understanding necessary to design, implement, and assess programs for students, on a participating in a variety of music classroom activities and on becoming involved in the processes of creating, presenting and responding to vocal music.
- understanding and implementing Ministry of Education curriculum expectations and Ministry of Education and school board policies and guidelines for music at the intermediate and senior levels
- having the theoretical understanding and foundation necessary to design, implement, and assess programs for students
- creating learning environments conducive to the intellectual, social, emotional, physical, linguistic, cultural, spiritual, moral, artistic and musical development of students
- understanding how to use, accommodate and modify expectations, strategies and assessment practices based on the developmental or special needs of students
- accessing a variety of resources within and beyond the education system to enhance and support student learning
- demonstrating the ability to integrate information and communication technology into teaching practice
- understanding and participating in a variety of music classroom activities designed for the intermediate and senior levels
- becoming involved in processes of creating, presenting and responding in vocal music
NOTE: Candidates will be asked to seek out a choir group to join as part of the requirements for this course.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
Note: Candidates who hold Technological Education qualifications but do not have any basic qualifications in Primary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior divisions are only eligible to register in Part 1 as specified by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Candidates will be asked to seek out a choir group to join as part of the requirements for this course.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites