- demonstrating how reflection and professional dialogue inform both theory and practice in the teaching of Mathematics, Primary, and Junior
- applying the interconnection of big ideas, key concepts, overall expectations, and enduring understandings in mathematics education
- applying instructional strategies to respond to math anxiety, avoidance, and phobia
- applying differentiated instruction and universal design in the planning, development, and implementation of learning experiences in Mathematics, Primary, and Junior
- developing opportunities for professional collaboration that supports student learning
- creating a fair and equitable assessment and evaluation methods that honour the dignity, emotional wellness and cognitive development of all students
- applying strategies of representation to communicate thinking through the use of models (for example, concrete, visual, and abstract)
- applying and creating a variety of instructional strategies to support the teaching of Mathematics, Primary, and Junior
- applying the integration of the five strands in the mathematics curriculum
TBA. The textbook for this course will be updated effective the Fall 2021 semester.
- Completion of Math Mathematics Primary and Junior, Part 1.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates who hold an Interim COQ may have different/additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers, and as specified on their Interim COQ.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
- Confirmation of Teaching Experience form, signed by a supervisory officer, confirming one year of teaching experience completed after teacher’s certification. The form must be submitted to our office by the semester deadline date for course approval.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites