- assisting colleagues to apply knowledge of the specific needs of individual children and characteristics of the kindergarten learning environment
- demonstrating leadership in the application of instructional strategies for children whose first language is different from the language of instruction.
- providing leadership in the development and implementation of practices that are sensitive to society’s diverse and changing nature
- providing leadership in differentiated instruction and universal design in the planning, development, and implementation of learning experiences
- sharing with others the understandings of teachers’ roles in facilitating assessment-driven learning in a play-based learning environment
- providing leadership in adopting a variety of strategies for adapting, modifying and accommodating instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- showing others how to integrate a variety of strategies for assessing, evaluating and reporting.
- assisting others in how to collaborate with parents/guardians to determine effective methods to provide continuous, meaningful and detailed information to support student learning
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing successful completion of AQ Kindergarten, Part 2.
- "Certificate of Qualification must be in good standing.
- Confirmation of Teaching Experience form, signed by a supervisory officer*, confirming two years of teaching experience completed after teacher’s certification. The Superintendent must also recognize on this Confirmation of Teaching Experience form that in one of these years, the candidate has experience in the area of Kindergarten.
*The Ontario College of Teachers defines “supervisory official” as the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent of the school board for a teacher employed by a Board of Education. The form must be submitted for course approval and prior to the course start date. For a teacher employed by a private school, the “supervisory official” is the Ministry of Education official (e.g. Education Officer) appointed to provide supervisory services to the school.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites