- applying the concepts of active engagement, imaginative play and authentic opportunities for problem-solving in inquiry-based learning environments
- applying knowledge of the stages of oral language, reading and writing development
- applying instructional strategies for children whose first language is different from the language of instruction.
- applying differentiated instruction and universal design in the planning, development, and implementation of learning experiences in Kindergarten
- applying knowledge of how to apply the gradual release of responsibility model to meet individual learning needs
- integrating observation-based strategies as a key component of assessment in the Kindergarten program
- integrating a variety of effective communication strategies with parents/guardians to support a successful transition into kindergarten and grade one
- implementing strategies for collaboration between the school and other groups such as early learning, childcare services, community, and parenting supports to promote learning
There are no textbooks required for this course.
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
Students must enroll in courses prior to the semester deadline date. OSAP would directly reimburse you for the tuition fee. If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- "Certificate of Qualification" in good standing.
- Completion of AQ Kindergarten, Part 1.
- This course requires submission of a Confirmation of Teaching Experience form, signed by a supervisory officer, confirming one year of teaching experience completed after teacher’s certification. The form must be submitted to our office prior to the course start date and for course approval.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites