The purpose of this course is to develop the skills and knowledge of the candidates in the design, delivery, and assessment of curriculum through information and communication technology. This course aims to further candidates’ understanding of computer technology and identify ways to integrate in the classroom setting as an educational tool to extend and enrich student’ learning.
· Basic technology concepts
· Ethical use of computers
· Health and safety issues related to technology use
· Use of computers for research and professional development
· Different types of software programs
· How to access top-quality online resources
· Arranging and managing effective classroom computer space
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Hold a "Certificate of Qualification" or "Interim Certificate of Qualification" showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
NOTE: Candidates who hold Technological Education qualifications, (grade 9 and 10 or grades 11 and 12 from Schedule B) but do not have any basic qualifications in Primary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior divisions are eligible to register as specified by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites