- understanding the context (historical, philosophical, sociological, psychological ) related to the study of History
- analyzing Ministry of Education elementary and secondary curriculum policies and identifying implications for program planning and implementation
- exploring opportunities for cross-curricular literacy and interdisciplinary studies in History education
- examining the use of appropriate technology to implement the History curriculum and facilitate student learning
- modelling the development and use of an array of assessment and evaluation strategies suitable for teaching History
- demonstrating skills and strategies that facilitate the establishment of networks with school and board personnel, subject associations, parents/guardians and the community to support History education
- demonstrating knowledge and skills required to manage an area of responsibility including staffing, budgets and the selection of texts, software, and media.
If you wish to have our registration system notify you when this course is open for enrollment, follow the steps below.
- Create a continuing education student account at our registration site or accessing your existing account.
- Go to the course description webpage on our site and select the request information button
- Select “notify me when any section of this course opens for enrollment”
- Hold a "Certificate of Qualification" in good standing.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an Ontario university in a program that requires four years of university study, or the equivalent, to a total of at least 20 full year courses and in which the candidate has obtained at least second class or equivalent standing (B average - 70%) in at least NINE full-year courses in the subject for which the candidate seeks qualification. (Note that course weights vary across institutions. Courses weighted as 3 credits are likely to be half courses.);
- Evidence of at least two years of successful teaching experience, of which at least one year (194 days) and includes 110 teaching hours in the Honour Specialist area, as certified by the appropriate supervisory officer on our Confirmation of Teaching Experience Form.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites