- Role of the guidance counselor in the Identification, Placement and Review Committee (IPRC) process
- Developing an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or an Annual Education Plan (AEP) for students
- The Teacher Advisory Plan (TAP) and its current status
- Provincial and federal legislation related to cooperative education, community service, and work
- Theoretical and applied counseling techniques
- Assessment and evaluation instruments and tools used for career development
- The OSR and the OST
- Building teachers’ capacities with regard to the implementation of Choices Into Action
- Working with volunteers and parents
Counselling Skills for Teachers (2nd edition), Kottler, Jeffrey and Kottler, Ellen, ISBN: 9781412949224
Books are available for purchase through the University of Windsor Bookstore. Please visit their website at www.bookstore.uwindsor.ca.
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites