- applying critically various acting styles and theatre conventions through programming in the dramatic arts
- using knowledge of diverse learning styles or multiple intelligences to inform and develop appropriate dramatic arts programs
- knowing and providing drama exemplars
- understanding the dynamic role of the audience in a live performance and demonstrating that understanding in programming and in classroom situations
- making connections between making drama in the classroom and the world outside the classroom
- demonstrating process and product assessment for both groups and individuals
- examining a sampling of significant works in dramatic literature from the 19th and 20th centuries and their themes, symbols, language and characters
- having an awareness of the historical, political and social contexts of the plays from the 19th and 20thh centuries
- examining the conventions of several dramatic forms (e.g. Theatre of the Absurd, Theatre of the Oppressed, Canadian Regional drama, Kabuki Theatre, etc.)
- examining and demonstrating a variety of approaches to character development in the theatre
- knowing and demonstrating a variety of approaches to script creation and interpretation
- Certificate of Qualification or Interim Certificate of Qualification with basic qualifications in two divisions, (i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior)
- Completion of Part I or ABQ Dramatic Arts, Intermediate Division.
- One year of teaching experience - equivalent to 194 days of teaching experience as verified on the Confirmation of Teaching Experience form signed by a Supervisory Officer. The form must be received by the semester deadline date for course approval.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites