• Developing pre-course counseling and interviewing procedures
• Understanding how to assist students in arranging appropriate transportation to placements
• Interviewing and selecting students for community-based learning programs
• Organizing and implementing pre-placement orientation and integration sessions for students
• Developing and modifying students’ Personalized Placement Learning Plans
• Understanding how to keep anecdotal records on student placement learning assessment
• Understanding how to implement, accommodate and modify expectations and practices based on special needs of students
• Understanding the results and implications of the program effectiveness survey
• Knowing how to implement health and safety instruction
- Certificate of Qualification or Interim Certificate of Qualification with basic qualifications in two divisions, (i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior)
- Completion of Part I.
- One year of teaching experience - equivalent to 194 days of teaching experience as verified on the Confirmation of Teaching Experience form signed by a Supervisory Officer. This form must be submitted to our office by the semester deadline date for course approval.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites