• Pre-course counseling and interviewing procedures for Coop opportunities
• Roles and responsibilities of employers
• Understanding the purpose of pre-placement orientation
• Assessing and evaluating student performance including regular on-site assessments
• Accommodating and modifying expectations for students with special needs
• Understanding legal and ethical issues
• Understanding provincial and federal legislation related to work environments
• Understanding procedures for accident reports
There are no textbooks for this course.
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
Students must pay for all tuition fees and be reimbursed directly by OSAP. If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
Note: Candidates who hold Technological Education qualifications but do not have any basic qualifications in Primary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior divisions are eligible to register in Part 1 as specified by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites