• Pre-course counseling and interviewing procedures for Coop opportunities
• Roles and responsibilities of employers
• Understanding the purpose of pre-placement orientation
• Assessing and evaluating student performance including regular on-site assessments
• Accommodating and modifying expectations for students with special needs
• Understanding legal and ethical issues
• Understanding provincial and federal legislation related to work environments
• Understanding procedures for accident reports
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
Note: Candidates who hold Technological Education qualifications but do not have any basic qualifications in Primary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior divisions are eligible to register in Part 1 as specified by the Ontario College of Teachers.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites