This course explores structure and factors as they relate to creating classroom communities and rethink classroom management. It also explores student/teacher self-care, mental health and well-being as it relates to classroom environments, teaching and learning.
- exploring Ontario’s curriculum, policies, frameworks, strategies, and guidelines
- examining the processes involved in creating and sustaining safe, healthy, equitable, holistic and inclusive learning environments that honour and respect diversity, facilitate student learning, foster student voice, encourage critical thinking and promote social justice
- examining the structure and contextual factors (for example, power, identities, authority, privilege, resistance, and discrimination) as they relate to creating classroom communities and rethinking classroom management
- exploring classroom management and other theories that relate to building classroom communities and rethinking classroom management
- exploring student/teacher self-care, mental health and well-being as it relates to classroom environments, teaching and learning
- exploring instructional practices that foster caring, respectful and trusting relationships among all members of the learning community
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Hold a “Certificate of Qualification” showing basic qualifications in two divisions, i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
NOTE: If you have qualifications in Technological Education subjects, your certificate of qualification and registration enables you to complete a number of AQs, including any in Schedule C.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites