- exploring and responding to the perceptual and graphic motor stages of development exploring learning theories and the individual learning strengths, styles and needs of students
- exploring how art movements and historical periods emerge and evolve (for example, ideas, values, beliefs, and technologies)
- exploring the social, political and cultural implications of art
- exploring how the elements and principles of design can symbolize different meanings across a variety of times and cultures (for example, the use of pattern and line in Native art, pictographs, hieroglyphics, and carpet patterns)
- exploring different interpretations of creativity
- exploring multiple venues for showcasing art (ways that art gets out into the world)
- exploring how students’ lived experiences, development, strengths, inquiries, interests, and needs can inform program planning, development and implementation
- A "Certificate of Qualification" showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates with an Interim Certificate may have additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- "Certificate of Qualification" is in good standing.
- Transcript confirming FIVE full (or equivalent) university course in the teaching subject. For candidates who already hold a Senior basic qualification, a minimum of TWO full (or equivalent) courses in the teaching subject are required.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Eligibility Application (Pre-requisite Credit requirements) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit in order to submit your application.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites