- understanding the role of Science – Biology in cross-curricular planning
- understanding fundamental concepts of systems and structures
- understanding the theoretical foundations of Science –Biology in the senior division
- knowing how to modify and accommodate the needs of students with exceptionalities
- recognizing and understanding curricular implications of educational destinations – work, college and university
- connecting Science – Biology to students’ everyday experiences
- having awareness of information technology in Science - Biology.
- planning and organizing a safe program for the classroom in Science - Biology
- understanding the skills, strategies, and habits of mind required for scientific inquiry and technological design as they apply to the adolescent learner
- understanding how to help the adolescent learner to relate scientific and technological knowledge to each other and to the world outside the school.
- explaining expectations, programs, observations and assessments to parents/guardians.
- recognizing legal issues related to adolescents
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Certificate of Qualification or showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates with an Interim Certificate may have additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Transcript confirming FIVE full (or equivalent) university course in the teaching subject. For candidates who already hold a Senior basic qualification, a minimum of TWO full (or equivalent) courses in the teaching subject are required.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Eligibility Application (Pre-requisite Credit requirements) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit in order to submit your application.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites