• making connections between the Church and the contemporary culture of adolescents
• understanding the meaning of the sacraments
• understanding Catholic social teachings regarding social justice.
• knowing how to modify and accommodate the needs of students with exceptionalities
• understanding, devising and employing a variety of assessment and evaluation instruments
• applying Christian moral principles to relevant moral issues in students’ lives
• understanding the connections between Religious Education, the life of the student, the family, the parish and the broader community
• discussing the intersection of the Bible and science
• understanding policies and procedures relating to sexual abuse and harassment
There are no longer any textbooks for this course.
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Hold a Certificate of "Qualification" or showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior.
- "Certificate of Qualification" must be in good standing.
- a university degree
- There are no undergrad pre-requisites for this course. You do not need to submit a transcript.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites