- understanding the theoretical foundations of Mathematics in the senior division
- demonstrating knowledge of the Ministry of Education curriculum policy and resource documents (including the Trillium List) and school policies for the senior division
- understanding, devising and employing a variety of assessment and evaluation instruments and in the delivery of the curriculum in the senior division
- recognizing and understanding curricular implications of educational destinations – work, college and university
- having awareness of information technology appropriate for students
- identifying factors in a diverse and changing society that impact on the adolescent learner in Mathematics (for example, media, technology, socio-economics, family patterns, language, culture, gender)
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Hold a "Certificate of Qualification" in good standing showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
- Transcript confirming Five full (or equivalent, that is, ten half credits) university course in the teaching subject. For candidates who already hold a Senior basic qualification, a minimum of two full (or equivalent) courses in the teaching subject are required. These must be math courses and not courses such as accounting, for example.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Application (Pre-requisite Credits) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit in order to submit your application.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites