- demonstrating knowledge of Ministry of Education curriculum policy and resource documents (including the Trillium List) and school policies for the intermediate division
- knowing how to modify and accommodate the needs of students with exceptionalities
- recognizing and understanding curricular implications of educational destinations – work, college and university
- implementing effective classroom management strategies appropriate for the adolescent learner in Mathematics
- planning and organizing an effective and safe program for the adolescent classroom in Mathematics
- understanding subject content specific to Mathematics, Intermediate Division.
- explaining expectations, programs, observations and assessments to parents/guardians.
- knowing and understanding policies, practices and procedures that will ensure health and personal safety.
- understanding learning theories and the particular learning needs of the adolescent in the intermediate division
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Application (Prerequisite Credits) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit in order to submit your application.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites