Using a universal approach this course provides candidates understanding of the philosophy related to Health and Physical Education at the intermediate level. It focuses on developing the ability of teachers to ensure a positive learning environment while encouraging a healthy school culture, as well as promoting the importance of daily physical activity and teamwork.
This course is blended:
- 72 hrs of face-to-face instruction and 30 hrs. online.
- The face-to-face part of the course details will be posted when a section opens for this course.
• Ministry of Education K-12 curriculum guidelines
• OSBIE Safety Standards and practices
• Teaching and learning styles, differentiating instruction
• Formative and summative assessments in the classroom and gym
• Individual sports (track and field) and Team sports (volleyball, soccer, basketball)
• Physical Education and students with special needs
• Daily Physical Activity
• Teaching games for understanding
• Health and the media
OSAP Funding for AQ Courses
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) now includes funding for hundreds of micro-credential programs. The micro-credentials plan ensures loans and grants will be available to more learners to rapidly upskill and reskill for in-demand jobs. Please be advised that this AQ course is on the list of eligible courses for OSAP funding. Please view the Micro-credential website for details and eligibility. https://www.ontario.ca/page/micro-credentials-ontarios-postsecondary-schools.
Who can get OSAP?
OSAP is open to Ontario residents of any age who are:
- Canadian citizens
- permanent residents, or
- protected persons
If you have questions regarding Micro-credential funding, please contact Student Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Hold a Certificate of Qualification showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates with an Interim Certificate may have additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- An acceptable university degree
- There are NO undergrad pre-requisites for this course.