Using a universal approach this course provides candidates understanding of the philosophy related to Health and Physical Education at the intermediate level. It focuses on developing the ability of teachers to ensure a positive learning environment while encouraging a healthy school culture, as well as promoting the importance of daily physical activity and teamwork.
This course is blended:
- 70 hrs of face-to-face instruction and 30 hrs. online.
- The face-to-face part of the course details will be posted when a section opens for this course.
• Ministry of Education K-12 curriculum guidelines
• OSBIE Safety Standards and practices
• Teaching and learning styles, differentiating instruction
• Formative and summative assessments in the classroom and gym
• Individual sports (track and field) and Team sports (volleyball, soccer, basketball)
• Physical Education and students with special needs
• Daily Physical Activity
• Teaching games for understanding
• Health and the media
- Hold a Certificate of Qualification showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates with an Interim Certificate may have additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- An acceptable university degree
- There are NO undergrad pre-requisites for this course.