The underlying purpose of the ABQ French Senior course is to extend teaching skills and knowledge of French as a Second Language in the senior division program. At least one half of the course concentrates on subject-specific content.
- understanding and applying to practice the learning theories and methodologies specific to French (Second Language) in the senior division
- employing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate for the adolescent learner’s learning style, for both individual and group learning experiences in the senior division
- understanding, devising and employing a variety of assessment and evaluation instruments appropriate to the developmental stages of students and in the delivery of the curriculum in the senior division
- developing an awareness of local and global contexts for language and how languages are used in various contexts and for various purposes
- considering how French (Second Language) can impact on the lives and learning of adolescent learners
- having awareness of information technology appropriate for students in French (Second Language)
- analyzing classroom practice to ensure opportunities for students to develop a commitment to French (Second Language) and an understanding of the importance of francophone culture in Canada and around the world.
- understanding the impact of a positive classroom community on student behaviour and learning in French (Second Language)
- Certificate of Qualification showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior. Candidates with an Interim Certificate may have additional criteria for registration as required by the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Transcript confirming FIVE full (or equivalent) university course in the teaching subject. For candidates who already hold a Senior basic qualification, a minimum of TWO full (or equivalent) courses in the teaching subject are required.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Application (Pre-requisite Credits) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit in order to submit your application.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites