- Exploring the fundamental technological concepts in Communications Technology, Grades 11 and 12
- Inspecting and reporting on the learning environment, facilities, equipment, resources and state of maintenance and repair for delivering Communications Technology, Grades 11 and 12 courses
- Demonstrating skills to integrate information and communication technology where appropriate
- Engaging instructional strategies to create real-world contexts appropriate for the student in both individual and group learning experiences
- Integrating differentiated instruction and universal design in the planning, development and implementation of learning experiences
- Creating fair and equitable assessment and evaluation methods to promote student learning
- Planning, organizing and implementing effective health, safety, sanitation and environmental standards in the Communications Technology, Grades 11 and 12 facility
- Understanding the importance of professional collaboration that supports student learning
- Teachers who DO NOT have the Technological Studies 9/10 and 11/12 in one subject area listed on the Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and therefore required to meet the 9/10 prerequisites for the same course are eligible to take the 11/12 level course with no further prerequisites after successfully completing the 9/10 level in the same area.
- OCT "Certificate of Completion" in good standing
- Completion of ABQ Communications Technology, Grades 9 and 10 or
- 5 years of related full-time wage-earning work experience OR
- See below for the combination of post-secondary education and related work experience that would be considered equivalent. (work-related experience must be wage-earning, full time, in the related field, documented on company letterhead outlining the duties performed) OR
- 2 years of wage-earning work experience, at least 4 months of which were continuous and
- post-secondary education consisting of a program leading to an acceptable post-secondary degree in the related field OR an apprenticeship program in a related field acceptable to the University of Windsor
Teachers who DO NOT have Technological Studies 9/10 and 11/12 in one subject area listed on their Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification are required to meet the 9/10 prerequisites for the same course.
Teachers are eligible to take the 11/12 level course with no further prerequisites after successfully completing the 9/10 level in the same area.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites