- understanding learning theory specific to Business Studies – General in the senior division
- identifying, accessing, assessing and integrating pedagogical, community, print, technological and collegial resources that are relevant to Business Studies – General and support the Ontario curriculum in the senior division
- employing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate for the adolescent learner’s learning style in both individual and group learning experiences in the senior division
- using, accommodating, and modifying expectations, strategies and assessment practices based on the developmental or special needs of adolescent students
- understanding curricular implications of educational destinations – work, college and universityunderstanding the importance of co-operative learning, and developing co-operative learning
- understanding the impact of a positive classroom community on student behaviour and learning in Business Studies - General
- explaining expectations, programs, observations and assessments to parents/guardians.
- knowing and understanding policies, practices and procedures that will ensure health and personal safety.
There are no textbooks required for this course.
- Certificate of Qualification showing basic qualifications in two divisions: i.e. Primary, Junior, Intermediate, or Senior.
- Transcript confirming FIVE full (or equivalent) university course in the teaching subject. For candidates who already hold a Senior basic qualification, a minimum of TWO full (or equivalent) courses in the teaching subject are required.
It is requested that you complete an application if you have enrolled for this course. If you would like to be pre-screened for eligibility it is appreciated that you submit an application well in advance of the semester deadline date.
How Do I complete an application form?
- You will need to either create a student account or login to your existing account at https://register.continue.uwindsor.ca/
- Once you have access to your account you will see “my applications” on the menu items shown on the left side of the screen
- Select available applications
- Complete the ABQ Application (Pre-requisite Credit requirements) application.
- Make sure you upload files to the application form otherwise they will not be included with your application. (Chose file/upload/Save). Your files will be shown if you successfully uploaded documents.
- Make sure you select save and submit.
- The admissions team will review your application and respond as soon as possible. It can take two weeks or more for a response regarding eligibility due to the volume of applications received.
Important Notice: While we endeavour to be as accurate as possible while reviewing your qualifications for courses in our program, the Faculty of Education bears no responsibility for ensuring you have met the qualifications as per the guidelines of the Ontario College of Teachers. It is your responsibility to learn which prerequisites you will need. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites