Microsoft Excel classes dive into the fundamentals of using Microsoft Excel from a practical use perspective. The course helps learners customize Excel with macros and Microsoft Visual Basic. Emphasis is placed on practicality; tutorials use the framework of a business case to illustrate the real-world application of course content.
Microsoft Excel – Macros and Visual Basic
Introduction to macros
- Conceptual introduction to macros: why use them?
- Recording macros
Introduction to Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- VBA syntax
Coding macros from scratch
- Recording basic formatting macros
- Recording Advanced Filter, Clear Filter macros
- Writing code for basic formatting macros
- Writing code for Advanced Filter, Clear Filter macros: what’s different?
- Input boxes
- Data sorting
- Copying data for one sheet to another
To receive a grade of “complete” for this class learners will actively participate in an online class and submit an assignment.
Learners who successfully complete Data Analytics Essentials, Microsoft Excel Macros and Visual Basic and Microsoft Excel Organizing and Presenting Data will receive a Certificate of Completion in Data Analytics using Microsoft Excel.
This is a TransForm Shared Service Organization Corporate Offering. This section is only open to specific/approved TSSO employees.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Learners are expected to have:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL