PDEV 7115 - Data Analytics Essentials
This online class introduces data analytics to business professionals. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the nature of business data, analyzing this data to obtain business insights, and communicating key insights derived from the application of data analytic techniques. Students will develop their ability to express business problems in forms that can be addressed using data analytics and their ability to perform analytics tasks using common software tools and methods. Students will also develop the foundations necessary for understanding and applying more advanced data analytics methods.
Learners who successfully complete Data Analytics Essentials, Microsoft Excel Macros and Visual Basic and Microsoft Excel Organizing and Presenting Data will receive a Certificate of Completion in Data Analytics using Microsoft Excel.
This is a TransForm Shared Service Organization Corporate Offering. This section is only open to specific/approved TSSO employees. Contact email@example.com with inquiries.
Learners who successfully complete the module will be able to:
- Explain the value and importance of data analytics to organizations.
- Differentiate among different forms of data and select suitable methods for preparing these different forms of data for analysis.
- Analyze business data using basic data analytic methods and software.
- Appraise the business significance of insights derived from the application of data analytic methods.
- Create visualizations that effectively communicate data-driven business insights.
- Evaluate the risks posed by organizational reliance on data analytics.
To receive a grade of “complete” for this class learners will actively participate in online classes and submit a series of assignments.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Learners are expected to have:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL