In today’s increasingly digital world, business owners must compete for customers on a variety of online channels. A well-executed digital marketing strategy and e-commerce presence has become a key differentiator in attracting/retaining customers and driving sales.
Designed for business owners who want to establish or improve their digital presence and professionals who wish to become more well-versed in digital marketing, the Digital Marketing non-credit course is delivered through six consecutive three-hour sessions, each one focusing on key topics that will provide you with the skills necessary to build and operate your digital marketing efforts. Each session will include lectures, real-world case studies and hands-on learning activities.
This course applies towards the following certificate:
- Formulate a sales-driving plan with digital marketing and e-commerce strategies
- Understand how to use the main digital marketing channels and the key marketing technology tools required for each:
- Content marketing
- E-mail marketing (including compliance with Canadian Anti-spam legislation)
- Display and Video marketing
- Search Engine Marketing & Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media marketing
- Prepare reports and interpret basic marketing data through web analytics
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- English language proficiency
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma
- Some business experience recommended
- Knowledge in statistics and mathematical literacy equivalent to grade 12 is recommended
Verification may be requested.