Procurement management, and especially contract administration, has become an essential project management skill in today’s trend of outsourcing. We will guide you through procurement practices, the bid process, contract negotiations, managing contractors and vendors for optimum performance and provide a taste of contract law. This online instructor-led course will provide the fundamental tools required for project managers. It will also offer you an insight into the role of the procurement officer or buyer on a project team.
This is one of three elective courses in Level II of the Accelerated Project Management Certificate.
- Introduction and The Procurement Process
- Plan Procurements (Contract Law, Make or Buy, Statement of Work, Contract types, Procurement Management Plan)
- Conduct Procurements (Negotiation, Proposal Evaluation and Contract Award)
- Due Diligence
- Course Administration (Progress Monitoring, Payment Process, Dispute Resolution and Claims Management)
- Control Procurements (Inspections and Audits)
- Contract Closure
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Use proven techniques, tools and skills for managing contracting and procurement on projects
- Know how to plan and control procurement management scope of work
- Understand and use the procurement management terminology
- Define the work required to manage a specific contract
- Make a plan for administering the contract and managing the vendor
- Co-ordinate and monitor activities of on-site contractors in a commercial and professional manner
- Value the importance of knowing the contractual requirements
- Work within the requirements of your company’s contracting procedures
This course is offered in partnership with Procept Associates Ltd.
Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access. Learners will be sent a Zoom link approximately one week prior to the start of the course.
Active participation (at least 80% attendance) and successful completion of learning activities is required to successfully complete the course.
To ensure successful completion of this course, it is expected that learners will have:
- Completed the Project Management Essentials class
- Basic computer skills
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (strongly recommended)