This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the complexity of managing stakeholders and project communications. We will cover the processes, tools and techniques of Project Communications Management and Project Stakeholder Management as presented in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge®
Participants will learn through application to a case study and hands-on exercises.
This is one of five core courses in Level II of the Accelerated Project Management Certificate.
- Introduction & Project Management Definitions and Context
- Managing Stakeholders (Identifying stakeholders, creating stakeholder plans and using tools for stakeholder management)
- Effective Communications with Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Communication Skills
- Productive Meetings
- Monitoring Stakeholder Engagement and Negotiation
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use the terminology and processes of stakeholder and communications management
- Prepare a project or program communications management plan
- Use the tools of stakeholder analysis
- Learn tools and develop strategies for managing and monitoring stakeholder engagement
- Learn tools and develop strategies for managing and project communications
- Articulate the benefits of a proactive approach to project communication and stakeholder management
This course is offered in partnership with Procept Associates Ltd.
Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access. Learners will be sent a Zoom link approximately one week prior to the start of the course.
Active participation (at least 80% attendance) and successful completion of learning activities is required to successfully complete the course.
To ensure successful completion of this course, it is expected that learners will have:
- Completed the Project Management Essentials class
- Basic computer skills
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (strongly recommended)