This interactive workshop offers individuals an opportunity to review and refresh their health assessment skills through a hands-on approach. This workshop is particularly geared towards students in the Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (PHCNP) program who will be taking the Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnosis (AHAD) course this year.
This refresher workshop will be beneficial towards preparing students for the Comprehensive Physical Examination (Adult) Demonstration that is an entry requirement for the AHAD course and will ready students for success in their clinical placements, which demand proficiency in conducting comprehensive physical examinations. Learners will have the opportunity to practice and evaluate assessments in small groups. This refresher workshop will give students the foundation for the advanced assessment skills required in the PHCNP program.
Students are encouraged to register by August 15 to review the self-paced modules before the in-person class date. Self-paced modules take approximately 10 hours to review.
Workshop participants will:
- Gain proficiency in administering a complete independent physical assessment.
- Identify where to concentrate their efforts to be successful in conducting physical examinations.
- Practice the hands-on components of physical examination assessment skills.
- Improve their skill set based on verbal feedback of their performance throughout the workshop.
Students that successfully complete this class will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Class is delivered online through the Brightspace Learning Management System (for class materials)
- Once you register for this class you will be issued a UWinID. Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. Document your UWinID and password as you will need it to access Brightspace and Teams. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit this site for Brightspace technical requirements
This class is open to students enrolled in the Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (PHCNP) program. Proof of admission may be requested.