This class is designed to develop strategic problem-solving abilities of students in the miniMBA Program. The focus of the course is on the application of the strategic management process, strategy principles, analytical frameworks and tools by using a combination of lectures, readings and active learning through case studies.
In this intense, nine-hour online module, students wear the hat of the CEO and learn how a chief executive officer applies strategy principles, conducts problem solving cross functional barriers and formulates viable business strategies in order to achieve competitive advantage for the organization in the industries.
This course applies towards the following certificates: miniMBA
Learners who successfully complete the module will be able to:
- Differentiate strategic problem solving from other forms of problem solving in business management.
- Explain the process of strategic management in complex business environments.
- Apply strategy principles, fundamental tools and frameworks when conducting strategic analysis.
- Assess the viability of business strategy in case studies.
- Improve business communication skills in writing and through public presentations.
Learners will actively participate in online classes and complete a combination of assignments and case studies. Learners will be assigned a grade of "complete or incomplete" upon completion.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (recommended)
- At least 3 years related work experience (recommended)
Proof of any of the above admission requirements may be requested.