This online class is an introduction to the principles, concepts and techniques of marketing. A significant objective of this class is the development of a basic understanding of the marketing process and its role in the organization, and in the economy. Marketing is an exciting field of study; it taxes your basic knowledge of economics, psychology, sociology, and other business fields, as well as your powers of observation. Additional class focus will be placed upon the marketing manager’s need to make decisions with fluctuating and limited information, and better understanding client management, client decision-making, and the complexity and dynamism of marketing. Empowering you to make not only better marketing decisions but more strategic marketing decisions is critical.
This course applies towards the following certificates: miniMBA
Learners who successfully complete the class will be able to:
- Ability to make decisions based upon complex, partial and competing information to best achieve organizational goals
- Engage a strategic-level of approach and analysis when making overarching decisions and then operationalize tactical choices rooted in strategy
- Assimilate multiple points of information to deduce, comprehend and shape the wisest possible decision given the depth and/or dearth of intelligence
- Explain the importance of socially responsible marketing decisions and how they benefit the social, economic and environmental fabric of a given market
Learners will actively participate in online classes and complete a combination of assignments. Learners will be assigned a grade of "complete or incomplete" upon completion.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (recommended)
- At least 3 years related work experience (recommended)
Proof of any of the above admission requirements may be requested.