The Web Management for E-Commerce non-credit course is delivered through six consecutive three-hour sessions, focusing on a number of key topics that will provide you with the skills necessary to design and manage an e-commerce website. Each session will include a mix of lectures, real-world case studies and hands-on learning activities.
- Discover the various channels available for online sales
- Develop a high-level understanding of an e-commerce website infrastructure
- Understand UX Design principles and their impact on customer journeys
- Evaluate and investigate available web-development platforms like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, Squarespace, WordPress, etc.
- Review supportive technologies, third party plug-ins, and e-commerce automations (IoT, chat bots, virtual assistants)
This course applies towards the following certificates:
In order to successfully complete the class, learners should actively participate in class and work together to complete weekly assignments – building towards the final assignment which will comprise of a basic e-commerce website.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education