In e-commerce we have learned that customers are loyal to the experience. To create a great customer experience, we need to understand how to design and operate an e-commerce business.
The E-Commerce Business and Operations course is designed to help learners understand the business side of e-commerce. In this course we will explore how to create and operate an eCommerce business, whether it is an addition to an existing business or a new business opportunity.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will:
- Understand the different e-commerce business models and the difference between an e-commerce start-up and an online shop
- Identify and define e-commerce business opportunities and the various methods to monetize them
- Distinguish the target market and formulate the value proposition for an e-commerce business idea
- Discover various business systems and infrastructure options needed to operate an e-commerce business
- Identify different roles and responsibilities of an e-commerce team and their relationship to the plan
- Create a high-level e-commerce business plan to develop a strategy to bring the business to life
This course applies towards the following certificates:
In order to successfully complete the class, learners will be expected to attend interactive classes, complete 2 in-class quizzes and submit an e-commerce business plan.
This course is offered through Blackboard Collaborate. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Minimum admission requirements include:
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL
- Knowledge in statistics and mathematical literacy equivalent to grade 12
- English language proficiency
- At least 3-5 years of business experience or the completion of the miniMBA
- Some post-secondary education (strongly recommended) or the completion of the miniMBA
Verification may be requested.