Introduction to Microsoft Excel is a non-credit online course that dives into the fundamentals of using Microsoft Excel from a practical use perspective. The course covers principles of data collection and analysis, building functional spreadsheets, Excel tools, and macros. Emphasis is placed on practicality; tutorials use the framework of a business case to illustrate the real-world application of course content.
(This is a course equivalent to the UWindsor Prep Microsoft Excel for University)
Participants can expect to complete a combination of short assignments and activities during the course. Regular online participation is also required for successful completion. Upon completion students will be awarded a grade of complete or incomplete.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Navigate Microsoft Excel and demonstrate a basic understanding of its functionality
- Determine what categories of data are relevant to a given business scenario, and present collected data in an organized, logical format
- Employ Microsoft Excel tools, in varying levels of complexity, to present and analyze business data (including calculated cells, logical statements and other functions, charts and pivot tables, and filtering)
- Understand basic syntax of Microsoft Visual Basic within the context of macro code
- Record macros and write simple code for macros
This class is offered through D2L Brightspace and Microsoft Teams. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All class materials can be accessed through Brightspace. The virtual class will be held in Microsoft Teams. A link will be provided through email. In order to access class materials and the virtual classroom you will have to activate your UWinID.
Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Brightspace works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. Feel free to review the Brightspace system requirements.