This full day workshop is designed for those who have experience in basic Lead II ECG interpretation and wish to learn how to analyze and interpret 12 lead ECGs. It will provide a refresher of arrythmia interpretation and then will focus on the “need to know” subjects of 12 lead electrocardiography. It will include basic electrophysiology, a framework for interpretation, a review of the normal 12 lead ECG, abnormalities and recognition of ECG changes seen in myocardial ischemia and infarction.
- Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Basics of the 12 lead ECG
- Ischemic versus myocardial infarction patterns
- Axis deviation and bundle branch blocks
- Hypertrophy and electrolyte imbalances
During Part I of this workshop, participants will:
- Review the anatomy, physiology, and the conduction system of the heart.
- Perform cardiac arrhythmia interpretation.
- Explain the causes, significance, and treatment modalities of common arrhythmias.
During Part II of this workshop, participants will:
- Correlate the basics of electrocardiography with the anatomy and physiology of the conduction system of the heart
- Demonstrate effective 12 lead ECG interpretation skills:
- Identify ST segment elevation and/or depression in a variety of 12 lead ECG examples
- Identify axis deviation, hemi-blocks, electrolyte imbalances, and left ventricular hypertrophy in a variety of 12 lead ECG examples
- Explain posterior, right-side ECG placement in patients presenting with inferior wall injury or infarction on the associated 12 lead ECG
All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email and you will have access the first day of class.
Please activate your UWinID. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
This program is designed for healthcare professionals or senior students (Nursing or Medical) who already have a basic understanding of arrhythmia interpretation and wish to learn more about 12 Lead ECG interpretation. There will be a brief review of arrhythmia interpretation before this 12 Lead ECG Interpretation workshop.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation upon completion of this workshop.