This full day workshop is designed for those who have experience in basic Lead II ECG interpretation and wish to learn how to analyze and interpret 12 lead ECGs. It will provide a refresher of arrhythmia interpretation and then will focus on the “need to know” subjects of 12 lead electrocardiography. It will include basic electrophysiology, a framework for interpretation, a review of the normal 12 lead ECG, abnormalities and recognition of ECG changes seen in myocardial ischemia and infarction.
- Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Basics of the 12 lead ECG
- Ischemic versus myocardial infarction patterns
- Axis deviation and bundle branch blocks
- Hypertrophy and electrolyte imbalances
During Part I of this workshop, participants will:
- Review the anatomy, physiology, and the conduction system of the heart.
- Perform cardiac arrhythmia interpretation.
- Explain the causes, significance, and treatment modalities of common arrhythmias.
During Part II of this workshop, participants will:
- Correlate the basics of electrocardiography with the anatomy and physiology of the conduction system of the heart
- Demonstrate effective 12 lead ECG interpretation skills:
- Identify ST segment elevation and/or depression in a variety of 12 lead ECG examples
- Identify axis deviation, hemi-blocks, electrolyte imbalances, and left ventricular hypertrophy in a variety of 12 lead ECG examples
- Explain posterior, right-side ECG placement in patients presenting with inferior wall injury or infarction on the associated 12 lead ECG
This class is offered through D2L Brightspace and Microsoft Teams. Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
All class materials can be accessed through Brightspace. The virtual class will be held in Microsoft Teams. A link will be provided through email. In order to access class materials and the virtual classroom you will have to activate your UWinID.
Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Brightspace works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. Feel free to review the Brightspace system requirements.
This program is designed for healthcare professionals or senior students (Nursing or Medical) who already have a basic understanding of arrhythmia interpretation and wish to learn more about 12 Lead ECG interpretation. There will be a brief review of arrhythmia interpretation before this 12 Lead ECG Interpretation workshop.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation upon completion of this workshop.